International Students

Why stay in West Milford, New Jersey?

    • Close to NYC Public Transportation 
    • Close Proximity to NYC
    • Local Events such as the Air Show 
    • Parks 
    • Historical Landmarks 
    • Biking

      • Boating

      • Fishing 

      • Hiking 

      • Canoeing 

      • Horseback Riding 

        You can fly to New York City or up and around

        High Point Monument in New Jersey. 

        Fly over the many lakes in the region including the
        largest lake in the area, which happens to be Greenwood Lake!

        When you aren't busy with your flight training,
        take a plane to see the great sights in the area.  

        Not only is West Milford a beautiful place to live with plenty of outdoor activities, but it is only 45 minutes from New York City! 

        Welcome To Sky Training - International Students

        For international students looking to learn to fly, you must first contact Sky Training, LLC

        and also check out this website that will help you to register.

        TSA Registration Requirement 

        All International students must complete a Registration form from the TSA.
        When registering with the TSA you need to list the course you wish to take. There is also a $95 fee. 

        Sky Training has been training students since 2008 and is approved by SEVIS to issue the M-1 training visa. 

        We have trained flight crew members that are employed by airlines and corporate flight around the world.

        Our training syllabus, accommodation, transportation to and from airport, etc are designed specifically for full-time international students.

        For more information or a personal quote, please click on link provided to give us the basic information to process. 

        U.S Visa & TSA Process 

        Students not from the U. S. wishing to attend Sky Training are required by law to obtain a

        M-1 Student Visa and complete the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements. 

        Student Admission 

        Non-US citizens receiving training in the United States generally need a student visa.

        Given events of the recent past, flight training is monitored is monitored especially closely.

        The purpose of your visit to the United States determines what visa you will need.

        If you are traveling to the United States solely for flight training, you are considered a student,

        and you will need a student visa.

        Please contact the US embassy in your home country, your local US consulate,

        your local US consulate, or the Department of State to determine what kind of visa you will need for your trip.

        Begin planning for your arrival and stay in New Jersey will in advance.

        Some U.S. Embassies have wait times of a couple of weeks to apply for a visa interview.

        The visa requirements sound a lot worse than they actually are.

        But don't worry - the visa application process is simpler than it sounds.

        Along with your training application, we will send a detailed description how to apply for an I-20 from and obtain you M1 student visa. 

        11 Easy Steps to Enroll 

        1. Enroll on line here 

        2. Upload a copy of your Passport (PDF file).

        3. We write up a cost estimate for your training and your stay with us. 

        4. You send us proof of sufficient funds.You can send a bank statement, a copy of your savings passbook, or a confirmation letter from your bank. The      proof of sufficient funds required by immigration law must show an amount equal to a greater that the amount in our cost estimate. 

        5. We issue Form I-20 for your visa. You get an advance e-mail copy with the Sevis Nxxx number. We send the original to your address by UPS overnight      express.

        6. Pay Sevis I-901 fee of $200 to Sevis. You will need Form I-20 from us to do this. 

        7. Fill out Form DS-160 online. 

        8. Set up an appointment for a personal interview with your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate Appointments may be available online.

        9. Have a photo taken for you visa You cannot use regular photo. Please check the requirements here. 

        10. Personal interview at U.S. Embassy or Consulate. 

        11. The Embassy/Consulate will send you the M1 Student Visa will placed in your passport and mailed to you home address within a few days. The                  procedures and requirements for M1 Student Visa issuance may vary by country. Please check with your local U.S. Embassy what the       requirements and proceed for you.

        To learn more about each process, please see the respective section below. 

        U.S. Students Visa 

        The process of obtaining a M-1 student visa is fairly simple. Sky Training will provide you with the I-20 form via mail (such as FedEx)

        which will arrive at you permanent address provided by us in your application.

        Once you receive your 1-20 form you must pay the I-901 SEVIS fee online at

        This fee maintains the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) used by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

        Call you local U.S. Embassy to make an appointment to apply for your M-1 Visa.

        This process could take several weeks, depending on demand.

        To prepare for your appointment, you must bring the following: 

        • Original I-20 form issued from Sky Training. 

        • Valid Passport with expiration date of at least 6 months past our period of stay. 

        • Proof of payment for the I-901 SEVIS fee. 

        • Proof of financial certification and evidence of ties in your country. 

        Please visit or contact you local U.S. Embassy to ensure you have all the required documents. 

        TSA Process 

        The TSA requires all non-U.S. Embassy to ensure you have all the required documents. 

        Go to and click on “Create New Student Account”. 

        Complete the required information and ensure it matches your passport information. 

        After you have created an account and received your password, log in and create a training request. 

        1. If attending Sky Training for the commercial Pilot Program (or the Professional Pilot Program ), the first course you will take is course name “Initial”. The Course ID will be “01” for Private. The aircraft used in this training will be a Cessna 172. Please list all these aircraft in the training request. 

        2. If you already have an FAA private license and are seeking an advanced rating, please use course name “Instrument” and course ID “02” for Instrument Rating. The aircraft used in this training will be a Cessna 172 or Cessna 172RG. Please list all these aircraft in the training request. 

        3. If you already have an FAA instrument license and are seeking an advanced rating, please use course name “COM”and course ID “02” for Commercial.The aircraft used in this training will be a Cessna 172abd Cessna172RG. Please list all these aircraft in the training request. 

        4. If you already have an FAA commercial license and are seeking an advanced rating, please use course name “CFI” and course ID “04” for Certified Flight Instructor. 

        Extended Stay America - Ramsey

        Located just half an hour from Greenwood Lake Airport is an Extended Stay Hotel. This hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully equipped kitchens and plenty of work space.